The color red is synonymous with Valentine’s Day and why not? Red is the color of love, it’s hot, seductive, and is also the color of power. Why do you think we see so many girl bosses’ donning this must have color? Some of the items I’m going to share with you are cult favorites, and some of them are brand new must-haves. Either way, if you’re getting ready for your night out on the town with your significant other, or putting together a Valentine’s/Galentine’s gift basket you’re gonna want to make sure you use/include a few of these items.
1.Cult Favorite Nars Exhibit A Blush (at Sephora at Nordstrom): This blush is not for the faint of heart, but if you’re bold enough to handle it you’re not going to get enough of Exhibit A. For best application apply with a fan brush and build to your desired intensity.
2. Brand to Explore BlackUp Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Metallic RoseWood (at Sephora): Wearing a red eyeshadow can be a bit much unless the situation calls for it. To create the perfect eye look for Valentine’s day try a smokey halo eye by adding the Metallic Rosewood eyeshadow to the center.
3. Pre-V-Day Festivities Essentials: Sephora Pomegranate Sheet Mask (at Sephora): One of the worst things anyone can say to you is “you look tired,” especially after spending an exorbitant amount of time getting ready. Pre-game with this sheet mask the night before to help you look refreshed.
4. Hi, I’m ____ with the Good Hair HUM Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair (at Sephora): Hair Flip! Achieve woke up like this hair with this vitamin packed combination of nutrients to help your hair grow stronger and longer.
5. Don’t let the elements stop you! Ouidad Defrizzing Shampoo and Conditioner (at Sephora at Ulta): are just the duos you need to make sure your tresses stay on point for your night out. The unique Humidity Shield Complex that encapsulates the hair shaft and acts as a protective barrier against heat, humidity, and other environmental factors
6. Smell like a million bucks! MAC Cosmetics ShadeScents Ruby Woo (at MAC Cosmetics) We all know that Ruby woo is one of the most popular lipstick shades from MAC, but they really outdid themselves when they released Shadescents, a perfume inspired by some of our favorite shades. Ruby Woo walks that fine line between seductive and pure business. It’s an arresting rouge-red fragrance featuring a sultry deep red leather note that commands attention
7. New skin who dis? Sephora ) Great skin is the key to great makeup. Instead of covering up your dark spots correct and reduce them for a more even balanced complexion with this daily serum made of wild rose oil and vitamin C.Wild Rose Brightening Targeted Tone Corrector (at
8. New in Stores Make Up For Ever Artist Acrylips (at Sephora) I’ve always been a fan of the Make Up for Ever lip products and the Acrylips continue to keep me impressed. These liquid lipsticks come in a squeezable tube that allow you create a soft lip look with one drop or intense vibrant kissable lips with three drops. For Valentine’s Day choose the color Iconic Red or Raspberry Red.
9. Slay! Nars Audacious Lipstick in the shade Rita (at Sephora at Nars) Grace your lips with one of Allure’s Best of Beauty Winner and Nars most popular shade of Red. This vibrant scarlet red is going to turn heads and earn you a few respectable head nods from women who recognize greatness.
10. Old School Favorite with a New Formula Sally Hansen Therapy Nail Polish in Haute Springs (at Ulta at Target). Finally, our nails can get the same treatment as our hair and skin with Sally Hansen’s new Color Therapy Nail formula. This is the first Sally Hansen Polish that delivers an argan oil enriched formula, resulting in intensive nourishment and instant moisture for healthier-looking nails. Haute Springs is a beautiful restorative red, but if you’re feeling a little sassy checkout Red-ience.
11. Red Carpet Ready BeautyBlender Red. Carpet (at Sephora at Net-A-Porter) Don’t let lines of demarcation ruin your V-Day! Create a streak free foundation with one of the most popular makeup tools on the market.
These Red Hot Beauty buys aren’t just great for Valentine’s Day but also for use in your daily beauty routines.