The big Game Day is soon to be upon us! I was really more interested in deflate gate than anything cause you know I love me some good scandalous news but since the NFL isn’t going to do anything about the Patriots cheating I guess I’ll settle for getting excited about the snacks! We’ve been invited to so many SuperBowl parties and the menu’s look absolutely delicious. There’s just one problem though. I’m currently doing Weight Watchers and I’m pretty sure about 90% of what will be served at these parties will use up all my points in one bite. I mean I could go to the party and just eat to my hearts content but my goal is to hit the 160’s by mid-February so I really need to stay the course. Since I was asked to bring dessert to a party I decided I’d make something tasty and healthy that I could enjoy as well everyone else.
I found this recipe on Weight Watchers and was inspired to make it a little healthier by adding more power foods and substituting low-fat ingredients for ones that were fat-free. I whipped these up for my husband to sample since he always has a late night sweet tooth and I’d rather him eat something like this rather than going to grab a pastry from somewhere. I put his in a parfait glass since I knew he’d probably devour several shots. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s a No Bake Strawberry Cheese Cake so they’re super easy to make and only 2WW points per serving if served in a shot glass!
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cups
- 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup fat free whipped topping
- 1Tbsp salted butter
- 1 pinch table salt
- 16 medium strawberries
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese
- ⅓ container Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Low Fat Graham Crackers
- In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, yogurt, powdered sugar, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest; fold in whipped topping until just combined.
- Place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave until melted. Add graham cracker crumbs and salt; gently mix to combine.
- Depending on the size, you'd like to make this recipe will fill 16 shot glasses or 6 Parfait glasses. For the shot glasses, fill each one with 1 tablespoon crumb mixture, a heaping 3 tablespoons cheesecake mixture. Move the shot glass around in a circular motion to allow
cheesecaketo settle and 1 quartered strawberry. For Parfait glasses, add 3 tablespoons of crumb mixture and 6 tablespoons of cheesecake mixture Serve or refrigerate until ready to use. Yields 1 per serving